[MPlayer-users] [OT] Can't play DVDs on an iBook

Viktor Rosenfeld rosenfel at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon May 5 19:33:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've an iBook2.2 (700MHz version) with an internal DVD drive.  DVD
playback works fine under MacOS X, but not under Linux (up-to-date
Debian sid).

The audio is fine, but the video is only half as fast and after some
playing it stops alltogether.  MPlayer prints that my system is too slow
to play this file, which really should not be the case.

When I play a DivX that I've created myself (640x336 with ffmpeg)
everything works fine and cpu utilization is at less than 30%.  When I
play a DVD cpu utilization is maxed out.

BTW, right now I'm using an CVS-snapshot of mplayer (from Friday), but
I've been having problems with all of the 0.90 pre-releases, too.

I'm using -vo xv and -ao oss with alsa9+oss-emulation.

Thanks,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld