[MPlayer-users] RealAudio playing: Hang in enable_cache and/or demux_open

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Mon May 5 21:22:51 CEST 2003

On 2003.05.05 20:59 Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>
> Hi,
>
> Roberto Togni wrote:
>
> > >I'm having trouble playing RealAudio content streamed from the
> > >internet.
> > [...]
> > >BTW, I'm on an Apple iBook2.2 with an up-to-date Debian sid.
> MPlayer
> > [...]
> > Plays ok here (Pentium4, Debian Woody). Maybe an endianness issue?
> Does
> > it works with xine?
>
> Debian xine has no support for the cook codec.  I'm building from
It hangs earlier than codec init. It still have to start receiving file
data.
There are at least two errors: the fist is the failure in estabilishing
the rtsp session, the second is that MPlayer should quit with an error
instead of waiting forever to fill the cache.

> source
> right now to find out.
>
> BTW, the stream plays fine in realplayer and mplayer uses it's
> libraries.
It's probably not a codec issue. MPlayer uses only Realplayer codecs,
not demuxers or network libraries.

I'm asking you to test it in xine because real rtsp was ported from
xine, and i have no way to test it on a big endian architecture. If it
fails there too, then it's not an error during the port.

> Ciao,
> Viktor

Ciao,
  Roberto