[MPlayer-users] Ther is a way to encode directly in ogm format?[mencoder]

Pere Castañer XaRz69 at terra.es
Mon May 5 23:18:26 CEST 2003

[first:Thanks for this great piece of software, I'm a lover of mplayer/mencoder!!!]

[Second: I've read the man, the documentation and docs of ogmtools and mplayer and I don't understand this (below)]

I use mencoder for ripping dvd to divx with libavcodec and vbr audio.

I use the three passes method:
[An example]

Pass1
-----
mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3:vol=10

[using cropdetect and calcbpp perl script for determine the crop and scale]

Pass2
-----
mencoder -dvd 1 -vop scale=640:272,crop=718:436:2:70 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=776:vhq:vqmin=2:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01:vpass=2 -sws 2 -oac copy -o /dev/null

Pass3
-----
mencoder -dvd 1 -vop scale=640:272,crop=718:436:2:70 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=776:vhq:vqmin=2:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01:vpass=2 -sws 2 -oac copy -o movie.avi

My question is: ther is a way to use ogmtools to encode in ogm format or for use the ogg/vorbis audio streams directly in the command line of mencoder?

In case that it can not be implemented (technicaly, filosofical
ly impossibility) where is the best way to encode ogm files using mencoder?

Thanks in advance

--
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories
that become legends. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long
forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age,
called Third Age by some, an Age yet to come,an Age long past,
wind rose in the Rhannon Hills. the wind was not the beginning.
There are neither beginnings nor endings to turning of the Wheel
of Time...But it was a beginning."
					  	   Robert Jordan
					  Wheel of Time(book 10)
					  Crossroads of twilight