[MPlayer-users] Disable detc

Boris Shingarov bshingar at sympatico.ca
Wed May 7 15:49:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

When playing certain DVDs, I get the message, "demux_mpg: telecine detected,
enabling inverse telecine";  this is always followed by "your machine is too
slow to play this", bad a-v desync, etc, making mplayer essentially
unusable.  Well, having a DXR3, I would want to simply pass the video stream
to the card.  Wasting lots of cpu in detc, and then reinterlace the picture
for TV, doesn't look like a good idea to me.

Is there a way to disable this annoying detc being automatically switched
on?