[MPlayer-users] realone/Real-audio question

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue May 13 09:40:30 CEST 2003

Christopher Caldwell wrote:
> Greetings, (Golly, I think this will even have a subject line!)
>
> Exactly what libraries do I need to be able to use mplayer to
> view the site:
> http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/mini.cgi?station_name=musictwentyone&templateid=smil&file=file.smil

That's an SMIL document <URL:http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/>, which I
don't think MPlayer knows about yet. However, I manually extracted one
of the URL's from the SMIL document
(http://www.live365.com/play/186674?pid=&amp;addr=216.235.81.24:20526&amp;membername=&amp;session=musictwentyone%3A0)
and MPlayer seems to be able to play it. It was only a message about
logging in to Live365, so I don't know about how MPlayer will deal with
that, since I have no account.

Jonathan Rogers