[MPlayer-users] A/V sync problem with AC3 and SB live!

Tue May 20 04:34:34 CEST 2003

I just got my SB Live so I could experience the AC3 audio with mplayer.
Unfortunately, when I play videos with AC3 audio selected the audio is
out of sync.  If I play the video the normal way (w/o selecting AC3 out)
it plays just fine in perfect A/V sync.

Please help!  I was terribly excited to finally get the sb live and the
only purpose was to hear that high fidelity ac3 that I was missing!

Using:
AMD 1Gz Athlon, 513MB SDRAM, Mandrake 9.1
MPlayer 0.90rc4-3.2
mplayer -ao alsa9 -ac hwac3 filename.avi (A/V out of sync,audio delayed)
mplayer filename.avi (A/V sync works just fine)
Sound Blaster Live 5.1

Anxiously awaiting a response,
Michael