[MPlayer-users] error while loading shared libraries

Raena Lea-Shannon raen7 at ihug.com.au
Sat May 24 21:48:06 CEST 2003

I am running SuSE 8.1 on 600 celeron, nvidia aladdin video. Having found the
Suse install of mplayer deficient I downloaded RPMs for mplayer including
tools. I get the follwoing error. Could this be due to SuSE's prior install
files conflicting? I have looked in mail list archives and DOCS but could not
find a reference to this. Any help greatly appreciated.

mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2: cannot open

Raena Lea-Shannon