[MPlayer-users] error while loading shared libraries

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun May 25 10:35:51 CEST 2003

On Saturday, 24 May 2003, Raena Lea-Shannon wrote:
> I am running SuSE 8.1 on 600 celeron, nvidia aladdin video. Having found the
> Suse install of mplayer deficient I downloaded RPMs for mplayer including
> tools.

Where did you get these RPMs. The official RPMs are for RedHat. They may
not work on SuSE.

> I get the follwoing error. Could this be due to SuSE's prior install
> files conflicting? I have looked in mail list archives and DOCS but could not
> find a reference to this. Any help greatly appreciated.
>

> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2: cannot open

How did you install the packages? Did you use --nodeps while installing?

I'll be uploading an RPM built by one SuSE 8.2 user to my website today,
you might want to try that. Otherwise you'd be better off just compiling
MPlayer from the source.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/