[MPlayer-users] Re: i can't play a movie matrix reloaded

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Thu May 29 00:41:19 CEST 2003

Hi!

Sorry to intervene in the discussion, but I felt it is an important issue to
which I could perhaps be able to contribute some usefull insight too.

On 2003. május 28. 22.43, Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> Christof Buergi wrote:
> > No offense, but the error message clearly declared the movie as
> > XVID-encoded. He also said that he tried to play it with the
> > DivX-Player.
>
> Quoting the original post:

> i've downloaded a movie and the divx tells me the next erorr: the video
> contains data information that is unrecognize by the divx which is
> fourcc code xvid wht should i do
>
> I don't see "DivX-Player" anywhere, do you? You may well be correct in

indeed, he said "divx tells me" and "unrecognize by the divx" which implies he
could be using divx[something] to (try to) play the movie. perhaps it is
indeed DivX-player.

> Jonathan Rogers

best regards
Denes