[MPlayer-users] metacity close problem

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 4 03:51:52 CET 2003

> C'mon people, no idea ? It is at least a known issue, or something ?

Well, I use...actually I don't know what I use, it's the default Gnome
windowmanager, I think.  There are some metacity files for the theme I use,
so I could be using metacity.  But yes, I also have that problem.  Pressing
the close button gives you the standard "Broken pipe" error but doesn't fully
terminate the mplayer process.

I think it's just a matter of getting the windowmanager to inform mplayer of
the close action and then terminating correctly, although I suspect this may
not be trivial, depending on the way the -vo plugins are implemented (it does
happen with both -vo x11 and -vo xv, and those are the only two I tested.)

Either way it does appear to be an mplayer issue.

Cheers,
Adam.