[MPlayer-users] vsync not working

Etienne SANDRE etienne.sandre at polytechnique.org
Tue Nov 4 17:57:23 CET 2003

> With -v, I think vo_xv will tell which xv "port" number it uses. The
> xvinfo command will tell you which port is which.

Thanks! It pointed another problem...

Without twinview, xvinfo shows I have an overlay port, mplayer uses it, and I
have no tearing.

When I do use twinview, xvinfo shows the xv driver has no overlay port... Even
if I set several meta-modes and if I switch to a single-monitor one, there is
no overlay possible. It means I have to restart my X11 server with another
config each time I want to play a video smoothly??? I need my dual monitor
desktop!
Under windows, I may use twinview while using overlay, so the hardware is
capable (even if I have overlay only displaying on the first head)

Is the nvidia driver sucking (I know yes, but please answer on my overlay/
twinview problem, this is no troll), or is there any way to re-enable the
overlay with twinview?