[MPlayer-users] vsync not working

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 5 03:32:05 CET 2003

> Is the nvidia driver sucking (I know yes, but please answer on my overlay/
> twinview problem, this is no troll), or is there any way to re-enable the
> overlay with twinview?

Hmm...now that you mention it I seem to recall something about this being
mentioned in nVidia's driver FAQ - you might want to visit the Linux driver
section of their web site and have a look at the FAQ to see what it says
about TwinView.

> I need my dual monitor desktop!

Well, I'm using two monitors at the moment but it's not a TwinView set up.
Each monitor appears as a separate screen, so I can't drag programs across
monitors.  But I don't mind that, and it does mean I get full acceleration on
my primary head.

Is your TwinView set up done as part of nVidia's driver config?  Because (just
wild guessing here) if you told the nVidia driver to set up the two monitors
as separate screens like me, but then used Xinerama to combine them back into
the one display, you *might* be able to get acceleration back...

Cheers,
Adam.