[MPlayer-users] mplayer & audigy & DVD & SPDIF

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 12 05:14:56 CET 2003

> as i see the card is detecting when i plug items on the back of the
> computer, but not in front of.... is there any way to output to the front
> panel?

Hmm...I vaguely remember hearing something about it.  I think there is some
more configuration involved, because I think the front input/outputs are
separate to the internal/rear ones.  There should be some info on Google
about it, your best bet is to probably try there.

You could also try running "emu-dspmgr -o" to list the outputs available, then
run "emu-dspmgr -r" to see a list of routes currenty active (which audio
signal goes to which output.)  If there are other digital outputs, you might
have to manually add a route for say PCM Left -> Digital 2 Left, PCM Right ->
Digital 2 Right, etc, etc.

Cheers,
Adam.