[MPlayer-users] help - making videos run full-screen

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Thu Nov 13 18:20:41 CET 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 08:56 am, Joonas Koivunen wrote:

> > My videos will play, with audio, but they will not resize any bigger than
> > 150%.  I'd like them to run full-screen, like they did in WindowsXP.
>
> That is because you don't have xv support built-in your graphic cards
> drivers. Xv provides hardware scaling, which means that the cpu doesn't
> have to do anything in order to get the movie scaled.. At the moment cpu
> does all of the job, 1.5*original_size being the most what your cpu can do.

I've been to http://gatos.sf.net and downloaded the ATI-4.3.0-10.i386.tar.gz
drivers.
These seem to be the ati drivers for XF86 4.3.0.
However, there is no documentation on how to install them!
Perhaps I just need to expand them to a certain directory, then reboot?

Has anyone used these drivers?
Do they work?
How do I install them?