[MPlayer-users] show interlaced/progressive

rbtq7ol02 at sneakemail.com rbtq7ol02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Nov 15 00:03:00 CET 2003

> No offense, but this is the most obvious and naive way to do it, and
> my results were nowhere near reliable enough to be conclusive...
>
> Rich

It did sound sort of obvious, and possibly "too good to be true" :-)  I think
it might be still helpful with what I'm doing.  I'm not trying to decide
whether an entire frame is interlaced or not, I'm just trying to find combing
in it to decide which parts of the image need to be filtered (the filter is
sloooow).  What I'm using right now is a test of the difference between
current and previous lines against a user-configured threshold.  This is what
was in the filter that I'm porting, but...  I can't imagine it's any good,
without a lot of tedious fine-tuning.
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc