[MPlayer-users] Playing RealAudio/Video Streams

Aaron Drew amd10 at uow.edu.au
Sun Nov 16 10:17:13 CET 2003

I've been trying to view the streams on this page using mplayer
<http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html>
but unfortunately I found this was the response received from the rtsp server
(presumably running software from real.com):

SET_PARAMETER * RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1
Alert: 0;You need to obtain a new player to play this clip. Please point your
web browser to http://www.real.com and download the latest RealOne Player
from RealNetworks. Once you have installed it you should try this clip again.

Is there any way to get this to run with mplayer? Does anyone know the
User-Agent field that a RealOne client uses that I could try to trick the
server with?

Thanks,
Aaron