[MPlayer-users] 1080i display corruption

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Nov 16 17:56:43 CET 2003

> This sounds very much like there is not enough memory (but this is
> not detected), so what you see are actually parts of the video memory
> that contain something else.

It does seem like that, but if my calculations are correct a single frame will
only need 8MB of memory, plus the 4MB of my normal screen, which is much less
than the 32MB of RAM available on my card.

The one thing that points away from this though, is the fact that it's not
just displaying data from elsewhere in video memory, it's actually having
trouble displaying it on the screen - the right-hand half of the overlay is
all weird and jumpy, still moving around even when mplayer is paused, so it
seems like the overlay circuitry can't really cope with the frame size.

Cheers,
Adam.