[MPlayer-users] Strange results with mf://\*.png

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Mon Nov 17 16:47:28 CET 2003

I'm trying to create movies from a bunch of PNG frames.
Sometimes (with alarming frequency I must add...) also a simple MPNG movie
has wrong colors and is squeezed to the left leaving a black band on the right side.
The squeezing factor seems something like 3/4.

The command used to create the movie is:

mencoder -ovc copy -nosound -o tmp.avi mf://\*.png

and my ~/.mplayer/mencoder file contains only:

mf=type=png

The same behavior happens during the real MPEG4 compression. Also once happened that a movie returned
to normal after a color change in the scene (from almost b&w to color).

If you want to reproduce the problem, a set of 10 frames can be found in:
http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle/mencoder_bug.tar.gz

Thanks a lot for your help!
					mario
--