[MPlayer-users] Segfault when encoding MPEG transport stream

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 19 12:32:01 CET 2003

> Please, cut a reasonable portion of the part of the TS file, upload it
> to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ and tell us the name.

Hmm...it will be interesting trying to do that, I get an approximate playback
time of the crash (1406 seconds encoded) but I don't know how to convert that
into a file position.  And I can't use -ss to seek to it, because -ss uses
some weird time values (not seconds as the manual suggests, more like a
multiple of 5-10 seconds.)

> I assume you are using a recent CVS version, right?

I wasn't, but I upgraded and tried it again with the same result.

> Does mencoder crash when you use -vc ffmpeg2 ?

I'll try that now and post again when it reaches the bad part (I just noticed
I get a message about a new PID being detected just before the crash, so it
looks like it's definitely a corrupt file causing the problem.)

Thanks,
Adam.