[MPlayer-users] Segfault when encoding MPEG transport stream

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 19 14:53:06 CET 2003

> Does mencoder crash when you use -vc ffmpeg2 ?

Well, it seems to work when I use ffmpeg2.  I get these error messages at the
corrupted region:

[mpeg2video @ 0x859daf0]slice mismatch
[mpeg2video @ 0x859daf0]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x859daf0]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x859daf0]ac-tex damaged at 15
[mpeg2video @ 0x859daf0]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x859daf0]concealing errors

But it keeps going past that and finishes the first pass.  Hopefully it'll
keep in sync too ;-)

So what is the difference using this option?  Are there any quality changes,
or is it just more tolerant of errors?  I'll have to remember to use this
when I'm watching the live stream too, because it seems like it will fix the
occational mplayer crash I get too.

Thanks again,
Adam.