[MPlayer-users] advice on mencoder options

HR haavroed at online.no
Wed Nov 19 15:59:27 CET 2003

> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of anton
[...]
> HR said this:
>
> >mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> >vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:trell:mbd=2:vmax_b_frames=1:v4mv:vb_strategy
> =0:cmp=2:subcmp=2:precmp=2:predia=1:dia=1:vme=4
> >
> Tuuka said this:
>
> >Consider using some of the below options;
> >mbd=2 instead of vhq (mbd=1)
> >
> and the man page seems to agree with Tuuka, am I missing something?
> Cheers
> Anton
> ps, can it be applied twice?

You've got this backwards, Anton - *I* said

> >Consider using some of the below options;
> >mbd=2 instead of vhq (mbd=1)

and *Tuukka* said

> >mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> >vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:trell:mbd=2:vmax_b_frames=1:v4mv:vb_strategy
> =0:cmp=2:subcmp=2:precmp=2:predia=1:dia=1:vme=4

not that it matters much though, we were basically saying the same thing
with respect to the mdb parameter. Tuukka also has some parameters I
didn't mention (B frames, and then some redundant values which are the
same as the defaults), and then I had some that he didn't have (mv0,
scplx_mask, naq for scplx_mask, cbp with trell) - just to put things
right. Using parameters based on an assumption that it might mean
something useful in the future wouldn't be my recommendation though.

HR