[MPlayer-users] Voices delay

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Thu Nov 20 18:30:42 CET 2003

Vidar Wahlberg wrote:
>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>The simplest set I've used is the same as I wrote in the last mail:
>mencoder -oac copy -ovc rawrgb dvd://1

Oops, missed that, sorry.

>Apart from that I've used:
>mencoder -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:bitrate=1000 dvd://1
>mencoder -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=1000 dvd://1
>But as this is a bit more time consuming I'm only testing with rawrgb
>atm.

Is there any difference in the delays when you encode differently?

>I could try ripping the sound from the vob/dvd and merging the sound &
>encoded video with another tool (like ogmmerge), but I do believe sync
>would just get even worse. I've tried this once earlier, but it didn't
>work very well.

Dealing with things individually that should be dealt with together is
only going to lead to pain.

>I mentioned this a week ago or so. I did read thru alot of old
>emails trying to find similar problems and solutions, but I only found
>similar problems. However, I recall one mail from 30th January 2003 (I
>think) that said this problem occured somewhere after the cvs build of
>11th December 2002. I admit that i didn't try this version too much, but
>that's because I had troubles getting XviD to work with it. Someone
>claimed XviD wasn't supported in that version.

I've only been on this list a couple of months, so my archives don't

Is there any chance of getting my hands on whatever you think would
exhibit this problem for me (part of a vob or whatever you think is
more appropriate) so I can have a better play rather than wasting your
bandwidth too much?