[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS subtitles

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Nov 22 02:25:12 CET 2003

Yes, another issue with MPEG-TS files ;-)  I was watching a movie last night,
and realised that movie subtitles aren't broadcast as video (i.e. they're not
part of the video stream) but they seem to be sent as a separate stream (like
DVD subtitles.)  I don't know this for certain, but I'm pretty sure the
English movie I was watching last night wasn't supposed to have a five minute
scene speaking only Spanish with no subtitles ;-)

When I play the video, I get the following line from mplayer:

VIDEO MPEG2(pid=512)...AUDIO MP2(pid=650) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 0

Does this mean subtitles have yet to be implemented, or am I not getting them
from the card properly?

Thanks,
Adam.