[MPlayer-users] playback fine-tuning

Ernest Adrogué eadrogue at gmx.net
Sun Nov 23 12:10:13 CET 2003

Hi,

When playing video files (not DVDs) in some circumstances,
mostly when the camera moves, the image doesn't move smoothly;
part of the screen goes faster than the other. In ASCII the
picture would be like this:

   ooooooooooooooooooooooo
   ooooooooooooooooooooooo
   ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo

More or less. If anyone knows how to correct this...
I'm using mplayer 1.0pre1, with xfree 4.2.1 and the open
source nv driver. The machine is a pentium 4 at 1,4 GHz with
512 MB of RAM. I tried different scale methods but I noticed
no difference. The arguments that I use are:

mplayer -double -framedrop -fs -zoom -vo x11 file.avi

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S: Thank you developers for your work.

--
ernest