[MPlayer-users] playback fine-tuning

Sun Nov 23 13:42:01 CET 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Ernest Adrogu? wrote:

EA>More or less. If anyone knows how to correct this...
EA>I'm using mplayer 1.0pre1, with xfree 4.2.1 and the open
EA>source nv driver. The machine is a pentium 4 at 1,4 GHz with
EA>512 MB of RAM. I tried different scale methods but I noticed
EA>no difference. The arguments that I use are:
EA>
EA>mplayer -double -framedrop -fs -zoom -vo x11 file.avi
EA>
EA>Any help will be appreciated.

There are no solutions, except that you can use lower-quality (comparing
to -sws 2) -vo xv or -vo xvidix, with ugly low-resolutions fonts (also
squashed in case of svcd). If you don't need subtitles and don't scale
videos too much (you'll never notice differences between quality
bilinear scaler in xv and bicubic one on dvd-sized video scaled to
1024x768, but mpeg1-sized scaled to 1600x1200 will look somewhat worse),
and your driver supports xv/xvidix/gl/gl2/etc, just use it. If these
drivers will fail to work, get binary driver from nvidia and try again.

--

Vladimir