[MPlayer-users] copy but increase the volume

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Mon Nov 24 15:23:48 CET 2003

> It's alaways when everithing is quiet that you have to worry ;-)

Hehe, good point ;-)

> yes, then alias mplayertv=mplayer -fs -vo dfbmga -af volume=8

I think that would end up being easiest.  As far as I know there's no way to
associate that with a certain file type.  Or I don't think there's a way to
set some amplification setting for the AC3 decoder, which would also solve
the problem as it's primarily AC3 stuff that's so quiet.  Does anyone else
know if this is possible?

> Do you record stuff or just watch ? and how do you proceed ?

I record things as well as watch.  I don't know if you're talking about a DVB
card, but if it's digial and outside America there's a good chance it will
be.  If so, a good place to start is linuxdvb.tv or linuxtv.org.

I use the program "dvbrecord" to record things, and since my card is in
another computer I use "dvbstream" to multicast the live video over my LAN,
where I use mplayer to watch it ("mplayer rtp://224.0.1.2:5004/".)  If your
card is in the same computer, mplayer has a dvb:// option you can use
instead.  The hardest part setting up the card was actually finding the
programs to use, so if you know what your card is, it would be a good idea to
start looking for the programs (and drivers) now, so you can get going fairly
quickly when your card arrives.

Cheers,
Adam.