[MPlayer-users] Voices delay

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Tue Nov 25 21:13:55 CET 2003

Vidar Wahlberg wrote:
>Yeah, I noticed -oac copy -ovc copy works fine now. However, I've now
>done many tests, played both the original vob file & the copied test.avi
>file in a loop, went away for a while so I couldn't know which file was
>playing. Took me very few seconds to point out which file was test.avi
>and which was the original vob (eg. there's a desync even if you only
>use -oac copy -ovc copy).

Probably should have said; I've moved on to looking at the code as
I've pretty much proven to myself that it's a bug in the encoder.

>(There was a great spot after about 100 frames to notice the desync)

I seem to prefer it when everybody has stopped moving around and
Picard is standing out in the open doing the initial part of his
speech.

>Also worth pointing out is that the test.avi got some megs smaller
>(about 15%), but I assume that's because it dropped some
>languages/subtitles not used.

I got that as well and had put it down to the same things. . .