[MPlayer-users] Voices delay

Vidar Wahlberg canidae at exent.net
Wed Nov 26 15:11:01 CET 2003

> Probably should have said; I've moved on to looking at the code as
> I've pretty much proven to myself that it's a bug in the encoder.

Well, I don't know if it helps much, but I looked in the Changelog and
noticed that "the mysterious DVD delay" was fixed in version 0.90rc3...
I found some old mails in the archive dated back to 30th January which
stated that this bug wasn't in version 0.90rc2, but I haven't tried this
out myself. I'd love to fiddle around in the code myself, but this is
far more advanced than I'm able to understand at the moment.

> >(There was a great spot after about 100 frames to notice the desync)
>
> I seem to prefer it when everybody has stopped moving around and
> Picard is standing out in the open doing the initial part of his
> speech.

That or when Worf throws a weapon to Data :)
I should've told you though, I ripped another part of the DVD just to
test some other places aswell. It was in this part I could easily spot
the delay after 100 frames.

Thanks for your time, it's truly appreciated.

--
Regards,
Vidar Wahlberg