[MPlayer-users] Re: Custom resolution using mplayer

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Wed Oct 1 19:18:22 CEST 2003

Frédéric MELLE wrote:

> I own a Sanyo PLV-Z1 VP and the best way to use it is to feed him with
> 960x540 resolution. Does anyone know how to do that with mplayer ?
[...]
> I must be more precise : I use mplayer under GeexBox and I don't have
> access to X

As VESA doesn't support custom resolutions, you have to use either x11,
fbdev or svga. I'd try using a custom kernel with framebuffer support
for the GFX-Card in your box. AFAIR you can specify a modeline on the
kernel command line or use the fbset utility.

You can find a Modeline generator at
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/source/fbmodes.html

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com