[MPlayer-users] libcss

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Oct 4 13:15:28 CEST 2003

> Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read
> DOCS/en/cd-dvd.html.

> I'm not quite sure about this message since i'm working with a dv file
> and not a vob file.

You get that error when mplayer misdetects the .DV file as a .VOB file.  It's
got nothing to do with libcss or anything, you just have to tell
mplayer/mencoder that it's a .DV file.

Unfortunately I can't remember how I did it right at the moment, I vaguely
remember having all sorts of problems persuading it to use the right codec,
etc.  I have a feeling that using -cache 2048 with mplayer would get it to
detect it properly.  It should come up with something like "Detected RAWDV
format." when you get it to work.

Another option is to capture the DV as .AVI files - then detection is
automatic.

I'd also advise *not* playing DV fullscreen at first, because mplayer normally
crashes when you quit after playing DV, so if you've got a full-screen window
open it can be difficult to run kill -9.  (My version is a little old though,
so this could've been fixed by now.)

Anyway, I hope this helps you a little!

Cheers,
Adam.