[MPlayer-users] Aspect ratio with .ogm files?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 7 06:42:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've been encoding some broadcast TV into XviD, and I'd like to create ogm
files out of them, but because the broadcast video is a 4:3 program in 16:9,
once I've chopped off the black borders the resulting video is squished
horizontally to 528x560.

So rather than stretch the video horizontally, I'd rather encode it as is and
have mplayer stretch it back out on playback.  At the moment I have to use
the -aspect 4:3 option to do this, so I was wondering whether mplayer
supports any other flags in either XviD or ogm files that can make this
process automatic.

Thanks,
Adam.