[MPlayer-users] Aspect ratio with .ogm files?

Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien ml at skamp.net
Tue Oct 7 11:17:54 CEST 2003

Adam Nielsen wrote:

> So rather than stretch the video horizontally, I'd rather encode it as is and
> have mplayer stretch it back out on playback.  At the moment I have to use
> the -aspect 4:3 option to do this, so I was wondering whether mplayer
> supports any other flags in either XviD or ogm files that can make this
> process automatic.

 From the documentation:
"MPEG4 has an unique feature: the video stream can contain its needed
aspect ratio. [...] This feature can be used only with  libavcodec's
mpeg4 codec."
http://docs.skamp.net/software/mplayer/encoding.html#aspect

So unless you switch to libavcodec's mpeg4 codec, from what I read, I
don't think there is a solution to your problem.

Regards,

--
Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien
http://www.skamp.net/