[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD-Audio support

Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien ml at skamp.net
Tue Oct 7 11:12:03 CEST 2003

Alban Bedel wrote:

> It's probably only a stream and/or demuxer problem. What does mplayer
> do if you try to play it as a normal dvd (dvd://1) ? Could you post the
> -v output of that ?

You will find the output attached to this e-mail, as a gzipped text
file. I run MPlayer 1.0pre2 btw, but I get similiar behavior from
previous 0.9x versions.

The thing is, the only DVD-Audio I have is a "hybrid" one: in addition
to the DVD-Audio part (24/96), there is the equivalent in DVD-Video
(16/48), encoded as 5.1 AC3 @ 448 Kbps. People are thus able to play it
on any DVD player. But when I try 'mplayer dvd://1', it reads the
DVD-Video part, not the DVD-Audio one.

Should / could 'dvda://' be added to MPlayer? Is it capable of handling
24/96 and 24/192 audio anyway?

Regards,

--
Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien