[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD-Audio support

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 16:34:46 CEST 2003

Hi Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien,

on Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:12:03 +0200 you wrote:

> The thing is, the only DVD-Audio I have is a "hybrid" one: in addition
> to the DVD-Audio part (24/96), there is the equivalent in DVD-Video
> (16/48), encoded as 5.1 AC3 @ 448 Kbps. People are thus able to play it
> on any DVD player. But when I try 'mplayer dvd://1', it reads the
> DVD-Video part, not the DVD-Audio one.
Have you tried to play title 2 and 3 ? I supose one of them is the
audio-only part. If not then it's more like a bug or missing feature
from libdvdread.

> Should / could 'dvda://' be added to MPlayer?
I don't think so. The dvd stream should be able to handle the audio
only case. However as mplayer was a "movie only" player their
may still be some code to make dvd opening fail if no video is found
on the title.
So i think the stream part should work with few or no changes, however
the demuxer part may be more problematic.

> Is it capable of handling
> 24/96 and 24/192 audio anyway?
I don't know what you exactly mean. I suppose 24bit samples encoded at
96 or 192kbps. But with wich codec ? If it's AC3 or PCM that shouldn't
be a problem.
Anymay if the requiered codec is alredy existing or not is a
secondary problem as we must first get the data up to the codec ;)

Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.