[MPlayer-users] Offtopic -- G400 TV-Out on a single output G400

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Oct 7 18:11:45 CEST 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:07:53PM +0200, Gabucino wrote:

> D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > manually. If you don't enable it, you're likely to corrupt your
> > console when using both fbcon and X.
> Possible, but that kind of thing never happened to me, or to my setup.
>

> > How about trying matroxset next time before claiming you need hallib?
> My G400 machine is a bit far from the TV set, but I seriously doubt a single
> matroxset is going to get you dualhead X, unless you in turn really use the
> "fbdev" driver, which I have resorted to on many ocassions - since at some
> point, hallib stopped working for me.

matroxset won't give you dualhead, just move the second head (which
I'll assume you already have) from monitor to tvout. If you can't get
any dualhead to work without hallib, then you at least have one choice
left: use the X mga driver for the primary head, and the X fbdev
driver with /dev/fb1 for the secondary head. It will be unaccelerated
but at least it will work.

Rich