[MPlayer-users] Re: [transcode-users] Adding selectable subtitles to SVCD

Andreu Escudero lemon at canuda.net
Tue Oct 7 19:23:09 CEST 2003

On dt, 2003-10-07 at 18:58, Cornelius Kölbel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as far as i know, this is not possible at all.
> Subtitles are rendered into the mpeg stream with the subtitler-Filter.
> If I am realy wrong, I´d like also to know how to do this!

You are really wrong ;-)
Subtitles are rendered into the mpeg stream for VCD. In SVCD, they are
on another stream, just like DVD (SVCD specification allows for
different selectionable subtitles).
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do them, as I have never done. But I
thing the vcdimager documentation says something about the theme.