[MPlayer-users] A/V synch problem

Frédéric LESPEZ frederic.lespez at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 19:48:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have an A/V synch problem when i use esd (mplayer -ao esd ...).

After some tests, i found this :
When you launch mplayer with "-ao esd", mplayer prints the following
message concerning esd :
AO: [esd] latency: [server: 0.49s, net: 0.00s] (adjust 0.49s)

So mplayer computes the latency introduced by esd server (in this case
0.49s), but Mplayer doesn't seem to take it into account. Indeed, if i
launch Mplayer with "-ao esd -delay -0.49", there is no A/V synch
problem anymore.

The computation of esd latency has been introduced Mai 30 2003 :
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2003-May/015276.html

I checked with the May 29 2003 CVS version of Mplayer : I doesn't see
any A/V sync problem with ESD.

So it seems to me that there is a bug in mplayer introduced with the esd
latency computation.

Does anybody else see this problem ?

Regards,
Fred.