[MPlayer-users] Re: Playback Lock possible?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Thu Oct 9 11:26:16 CEST 2003

Hi Konstantinos Karydas,

on Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:00:25 +0300 you wrote:

> How can I run xterm using cat? (Sorry but I am not a linux guru! :) )
> How can I do the Alt+Tab trick using commands to switch to the other
> terminal/xterm then switch back to the mplayer terminal/xterm? I mean I
> am not supposed to be present when this happens, I want to have mplayer
> playback for someone else so that he/she cannot use the mplayer commands
> to seek, stop, pause etc. I hope you understand what I mean.
As some suggested you can use a custom input.conf binding to no or buggy
commands. I more drastic solution is to hack mplayer.c to simply disable
all user input with something like this:

 // Init input system
 current_module = "init_input";
 mp_input_init();
 #ifndef HAVE_NO_POSIX_SELECT
 make_pipe(&keyb_fifo_get,&keyb_fifo_put);
#if 0

 if(keyb_fifo_get > 0)
   mp_input_add_key_fd(keyb_fifo_get,1,NULL,NULL);
[...]
   mp_input_add_key_fd(0,0,NULL,NULL);
 #endif
+#endif
 inited_flags|=INITED_INPUT;
 current_module = NULL;

But it may be a bit extremist ;)

	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.