[MPlayer-users] nvidia_vid not working

Francisco J. Leon espectro at inbox.lv
Fri Oct 10 06:49:05 CEST 2003

I just installed slackware 9.1 and downloaded mplayer 1.0pre2 and compiled
and installed it.

I was in X, with the nvidia binary driver already loaded. I exited X so i
could test the nvidia_vid vidix without interference.

If i type: mplayer filename.avi -vc divxds -vo cvidix -vf format=uyvy as a
regular user i get:

vo_cvidix: no vidix driver name provider, probing available ones!

and it lists every vidix driver, with "operation not permitted" because i am
not root.

That's understandable, but what i dont understand is that if i do the same
as root, it only probes mga instead of all the drivers, therefore it doesn't
work.

Any ideas? Using athlon xp palomino.