[MPlayer-users] Stop time.

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Fri Oct 10 14:03:55 CEST 2003

Hello again.
Is there any stop function for mplayer in the last releases or cvs?

I want to do something like:

mplayer -ss 15 -stop 47 video.mpg

which means play the video.mpg starting at 15secs and stopping at 47secs.
Of course the -stop does not exist but this is what I want to do if there is
any way(?).

I have tried:
mplayer -ss 15 -frames 800 video.mpg

where 800 frames=32secs*25fps, and it is 32 secs because we want to play 32
seconds after the 15 first secons to reach the 47 secs timing. I hope you
understand.

Anyway, this works for me but there is a problem with that:
*When the playback starts at the 15secs and you rewind or fast forward then
the mplayer plays the 32 secs from the position you rewind or fast forward!
I.e. if you rewind to e.g. 8secs then it will playback until the 40secs of
the video.mpg clip and not until the 47 secs that is required to play! This
is not a bug of course, but the (unexplained) lack of a stop functionality
in mplayer that would do the "mplayer -ss 15 -stop 47 video.mpg", causes a
lot of trouble.

So, as I asked in the beginning:
Is there any stop function for mplayer in the last releases or cvs that I
don't know? Is there going to be a stop function soon? Maybe we should also
forward this questions to the mplayer developers as well.

Thanks a lot,
please help if you know anything at all,
best regards,

Kostas