[MPlayer-users] general problems with nvidia vidix

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Oct 12 19:05:21 CEST 2003

> I use the latest version of nvidia_vid from cvs.
>
> The first error i encounted was:
> vo: X11 running at 1400x1050 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
> [mga] No supported cards found
> [mga] No supported cards found
> [nvidia_vid] Found chip: NV15 [GeForce2 GTS]
> [nvidia_vid] Device is disabled, ignoring
>
> I don't use Xinerama, but I have two screens. I don't know if it's suppose
> to work with two screens. It worked when I disabled
> the non nvidia screen. This is some parts of my XF86Config:

Does it work when you remove the following code from nvidia_vid.c?
  if ((lst[i].command & PCI_COMMAND_IO) == 0){
   printf("[nvidia_vid] Device is disabled, ignoring\n");
   continue;
  }

> The vidix driver also mess with my pixmapp but I expected that. Documents
> on the homepage say I should decrease the video ram in XF86Config with 4
> mb. Why 4 mb? I use 1400x1050 at 32bit and I think that use 5.6 mb
> videoram.

Set the ramsize to the actual ramsize - 8MB and try again

> When I use -double, it mess up the videoram totaly. I can't even play
> videos with xv after that. It goes away when i reboot the computer.
>
> Most DIV3 files work fine but I found one that doesn't. -identify gives
> me:
> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=DIV3
> ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=407168
> ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=368
> ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=272
> ID_VIDEO_FPS=25,000
> ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0,0000
> ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3
> ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=85
> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=96000
> ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
> ID_LENGTH=2676
>
> A normal video looks like this:
>
> 123456
> 123456
> 123456
> 123456
>
> This one plays like this:
>
> 123456
> 612345
> 561234
> 456123
>
> I hope you understand.

does the problem go away with -vf expand=640:480 ?
Please update to latest CVS before testing.

Sascha