[MPlayer-users] Re: general problems with nvidia vidix

Thomas Lindroth tholi945 at student.liu.se
Sun Oct 12 22:56:31 CEST 2003

>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> I use the latest version of nvidia_vid from cvs.
>>
>> The first error i encounted was:
>> vo: X11 running at 1400x1050 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
>> display)
>> [mga] No supported cards found
>> [mga] No supported cards found
>> [nvidia_vid] Found chip: NV15 [GeForce2 GTS]
>> [nvidia_vid] Device is disabled, ignoring
>>
>> I don't use Xinerama, but I have two screens. I don't know if it's suppose
>> to work with two screens. It worked when I disabled
>> the non nvidia screen. This is some parts of my XF86Config:
>
> Does it work when you remove the following code from nvidia_vid.c?
>   if ((lst[i].command & PCI_COMMAND_IO) == 0){
>    printf("[nvidia_vid] Device is disabled, ignoring\n");
>    continue;
>   }

It works fine after I remove it. It's seems to be a temorary
solution but it's appreciated :)
>> The vidix driver also mess with my pixmapp but I expected that. Documents
>> on the homepage say I should decrease the video ram in XF86Config with 4
>> mb. Why 4 mb? I use 1400x1050 at 32bit and I think that use 5.6 mb
>> videoram.
>>

> Set the ramsize to the actual ramsize - 8MB and try again

The pixmapp is fine now. I noticed a thing when I was playing
around. If i start mplayer in window mode without reducing
the ram and start to move the window alot. The pixmapps becomes
wierd at first, then the whole mplayer window turns green.
This also happens when I have reduced the ram but the pixmapps
stays fine.
>> When I use -double, it mess up the videoram totaly. I can't even play
>> videos with xv after that. It goes away when i reboot the computer.
>>
>> Most DIV3 files work fine but I found one that doesn't. -identify gives
>> me:
>> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=DIV3
>> ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=407168
>> ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=368
>> ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=272
>> ID_VIDEO_FPS=25,000
>> ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0,0000
>> ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3
>> ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=85
>> ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=96000
>> ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
>> ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
>> ID_LENGTH=2676
>>
>> A normal video looks like this:
>>
>> 123456
>> 123456
>> 123456
>> 123456
>>
>> This one plays like this:
>>
>> 123456
>> 612345
>> 561234
>> 456123
>>
>> I hope you understand.
>>

> does the problem go away with -vf expand=640:480 ?
> Please update to latest CVS before testing.

It diden't go away.
I tried to use the divxds codec with
uyvy format with xv and x11 and they are both fine.