[MPlayer-users] RE: [Mplayer-advusers] Stop time.

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Mon Oct 13 15:23:35 CEST 2003

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:25:00 +0300
> "Konstantinos Karydas" <kkar at intracom.gr> wrote:
>
> > It's strange for the mplayer not to have such a functionality, since it
> > contains many much more complicated features such as filters
> and other quite
> > difficult functions which are much more difficult to implement
> than a simple
> > stop function to make feasible a complete start-stop
> functionality together
> > with the seek function (-ss).
>
> It's not strange at all, it's just nobody ever needed it and
> thus nobody implemented it. That's how OSS work, you scratch
> where it itches.
>
> > Thanks for answering Kinali.
>
> Attila wa ii.
>
> 			Attila Kinali

That's not true, that nobody ever needed the stop function. There are many
people from time to time wondering and/or complaining why there is no stop
function in mplayer (something like -endpos in mencoder). I think the most
reasonable and wise thing to do would be the mplayer people to consider
implementing such a function for the new MPlayer release, say
"MPlayer-1.0pre3". They would receive many "thank you" and "thank God" I
believe.

Regards,

Kostas