[MPlayer-users] Re: [Mplayer-advusers] Stop time.

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 17:59:07 CEST 2003

Hi Konstantinos Karydas,

on Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:23:35 +0300 you wrote:

> That's not true, that nobody ever needed the stop function. There are
> many people from time to time wondering and/or complaining why there is
> no stop function in mplayer (something like -endpos in mencoder). I
> think the most reasonable and wise thing to do would be the mplayer
> people to consider implementing such a function for the new MPlayer
> release, say"MPlayer-1.0pre3". They would receive many "thank you" and
> "thank God" I believe.
I think that you fail to see where the problem is. None of the devs
implemented it until now beside some user request. This show that
probably none of them is intersted in writing that.
However if someone send a proper patch i see no reason why it should
be refused.

This is a recurent problem. Most ppl seems to think devs will implement
what the users of their program want. But this is free software, it's
made by ppl on their free time. So these ppl write what they want,
not what others want !!! And the users ? They should just send good
bug reports ;)

	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.