[MPlayer-users] DivX -> VCD + maintaining aspect ratio = impossible OR Howto ADD black borders

Marc marc.seeger at arcor.de
Tue Oct 14 00:47:27 CEST 2003

Andreu Escudero wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

>>any solution for my problem???
>>

>Yes, RTFM and search for the option 'expand'

WAHHHHHHH! I searched the man pages for the last 3 hours (maybe because
there is no mencoder only man page... there is only a 2 billion pages
mplayer+mencoder one)!
And experimented with loooots of options... I also did some google
searches (I could only find "remove black borders")...
Then I searched the documentation.html + the encoding.html +  faq.html +
without success... my fault was that I did only a short look into the
video.html (when I saw the first page I thought this is where video
encoding is explained technicaly :-/ (seems as there isn't an english
one? I could only find a german one)