[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [MPlayer-users] PSNR tests: mbd=2, mv0, trell, and cbp (and other stuff)

HR haavroed at online.no
Tue Oct 14 13:09:01 CEST 2003

Didn't someone mention previously in this list that vhq is mbd=1 ?

If we use both mbd=1 and mbd=2, which one gets activated? The one that
appears last in the command line?

And many of the options turned on are already the defaults, at least in
"my" mplayer whose man-page is dated 2003-07-05. Should we expect the
defaults to change much (or at all, even) as devel hops along?

HR

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/mplayer/tests/tt-test2/readme.html

But there really isn't anything surprising... for this video

mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:trell:mbd=2:vmax_b_frames=1:v4mv:vb_strategy=0:vlelim=0
:vcelim=0:cmp=2:subcmp=2:precmp=2:predia=1:dia=1:vme=4

are (still) the best practical options.

>yes, i also dont remember ever seeing a PSNR gain from v?elim != 0,
maybe
>theres a subjective quality gain

Possibly. In the test above only PSNR is measured.

>btw, mv0 should be tested with mbd=2, as it may produce bad results
otherwise,

Looks like my mplayer is too old to have that option. I'll include it
for
next tests, but I'm not planning to do any for a long time.