[MPlayer-users] Comparison of different deinterlace and denoise filters

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Wed Oct 15 21:20:49 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 19:11 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> > Woult it help, if the tn filter would fade out the denoising near the
> > edges of the blocks?
>
> Yes. Want to send a patch? :)

If you accept php or pascal ;-)

> Try it on anime. The black outlines with ghost VERY BAD.

I will do a second test.

> BTW, what card did you use to capture your samples?

KNC One TV-Station RDS
Driver: saa7134, v4l2

> The chroma looked
> rather wrong in many of them.

You mean the frames from the softwarescaler and denois tests?
I think they are ok.

> If you use bttv, you MUST capture
> interlaced content in yuy2 mode; the yv12 is broken and throws away
> the odd field of chroma! :(

Which bttv driver version? Maybe I'm going to use my old bttv card for
video capture because s-video support in saa7134 is broken.

      Matthias