[MPlayer-users] Things (artifacts?) appearing in output and input - Help!

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Oct 19 10:19:11 CEST 2003

AthlonRob wrote:

>>I'm getting 'things' appearing in video.  They're hard to describe, so I
>>did a -vo jpeg and put them up on my web server, http://rob.axpr.net/
>

> As rcooley suggested, it seems to have been a hardware issue.
>
> I decided to take the system down for cleaning today.
>
> I haven't seen such a disgusting system ever.  It was DIRTY!  Everything
> except the motherboard itself was coated in a solid layer of dust.  It
> took a full can of air to get it cleaned off.

If you have a shop-vac or some other vacuum cleaner with a small tube or
nozzle, you can just vacuum out the inside of the case. That way you
don't have to worry about taking it outside or making a mess of your
room. :) I periodically vacuum my machine while it's running; as long as
I keep clear of the fan blades and don't mash anything, it's reasonably
safe, and I can get most of the dust out that way.

-Corey