[MPlayer-users] Full screen with X11

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Tue Oct 21 17:05:39 CEST 2003

Sean Lee wrote:
>However, I want to automate starting the MPLAYER when I turn on my
>computer.

Your attempts didn't work because mplayer (or any other X program for
that matter) shouldn't ever attempt to start an X server.  You could
try the following though:

  xinit mplayer OPTIONS -- /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1

This should start X, then run a copy of mplayer inside it.  If you
wanted to get this going by default then it all gets distribution
specific pretty quickly - if you want a few hints on this you're
welcome to contact me off list as we're heading off topic pretty
quickly.

Hope that helps,
  Sam