[MPlayer-users] LAVC-MPEG4 vs DIVX4 vs XVID??

antonovich anton_melser at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 22 18:20:38 CEST 2003

>Afaik doom9 hasn't ever heard about lavc or o-p-e-n-s-o-u-r-c-e or even
>mplayer. Of course I can be wrong, I haven't visited it for some time.

they've heard of XVID, which is on all their comparisons (ones I've
seen) and XVID is GPL, which I guess makes it

o-p-e-n-s-o-u-r-c-e. You are right however, it is atrociously doze oriented. Let's hope M$ comes up with their new operating system that is going to monitor all media played... then all these great (but not-yet-in-the-fold) people can switch to to the light side of the force...
{:-]
anton